Our client's Commissioning team is responsible for ensuring building MEP and architectural systems are installed, tested and operating in accordance with the design engineer’s plans and owner’s expectations. We are accepting applications for new commissioning engineers/agents to join our growing team. The preferred candidate will have practical, hands-on, experience with commercial building HVAC, electrical, or building automation systems, as an engineer, designer, programmer or installer. A minimum of 5 years of experience in one of these areas is desired. PE is desired but not a requirement.
In this role the CxA will lead and manage multiple commissioning (Cx) projects from pre-design through acceptance/occupancy/warranty periods, while maintaining customer satisfaction, quality, schedule and project budget. You will be performing technical design reviews, reviewing installation during construction, writing and performing functional test procedures, preparing technical reports and documentation, and establishing strong relationships with clients, architects, engineers and contractors. Our group works as a team to leverage individual skills and strengths, but the ideal candidate will be capable of self-managing most aspects of the commissioning process.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our client's Commissioning Agents have a wide-range of backgrounds, and that is one of our team’s strengths. The ideal candidate will have a combination of five (5) or more years of engineering, HVAC field experience, controls or commissioning work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the design, installation or start-up of HVAC, electrical, life safety, building automation, lighting, or other building systems
• BS in Engineering, CEM, or a Commissioning Certification is a plus
• Highly motivated to learn more about new HVAC technology and systems.
• Technical writing and communication skills
• Project management experience is preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills
Our Client's Commissioning agents/engineers are responsible for the following:
• Interpret project specifications to guide the inclusion of commissioning into a project.
• Perform design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements and LEED, Green Globes, and other sustainability programs.
• Develop functional performance test procedures for building automation, HVAC, domestic hot water, lighting, renewable energy systems, associated controls and other systems and equipment required to be commissioned using our library and software tools.
• Perform field inspections, witness equipment startups and test and balance activities.
• Perform field functional performance testing to verify and tune systems for optimum performance.
• Prepare deliverables, including technical reports, Cx reports, system manuals, assessments, and more.
• Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy, and managerial aspects of Cx projects. Ensure quality and timely commissioning deliverables.
• Create and maintain positive professional working relationships with clients, architects, engineers and contractors.
Powered by JazzHR