Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Wheeling University - Wheeling, WVPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 2 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription Wheeling University, a Catholic university, seeks qualified applicants for an administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs that is available immediately. Successful candidates must be committed to the academic success of the students and be able to support and promote the University's Mission. An associate's degree or equivalent is required; bachelor's degree is preferred.
The Administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs will provide general administrative support to assigned academic program areas. Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed to complete assigned projects or special events.
The Administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs will provide support in the following competency areas:
- Administrative Support:
- General receptions duties such as answering student questions, greeting and directing visitors, answering phones and processing mail.
- Establishes computerized record maintenance by creating new files, preparing follow-up data, preparing weekly reports, monitoring email and assisting with related departmental activities.
- Develops and maintains a working level of proficiency with computer software and performs daily office activities such as composing and editing correspondence, communicating with advisory boards, completing surveys, processing purchase orders and invoices.
- Maintains departmental files and records for all associated programs.
- Prepares and maintains external departmental agreements and lists and updates materials as needed.
- Responsible to create and maintain accreditation documentation for the assigned departments.
- Program and Project Support:
- Assists with departmental academic activities.
- Assists admissions committees with interviews and correspondence to applicants
- Event planning and implementation.
- Database management for assigned departments and university systems in general.
Qualifications Minimum Education Level Required:
High School Diploma or GED
*Associate's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience Level Required:
Two years of related experience.
*Four years preferred.
Physical Demands Required:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear and use hands to handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance; occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and / or move up to 20lbs; have vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moderate noise level in an office setting.
Compliance Responsibilities Required:
Collect, identify, date and store documentation for the department and compliance area as mandated by the Compliance Program and ensure certification and qualifications are maintained per position description.
Posting ID: 590596297Posted: 2020-12-02