Manufacturing Engineer - Senior Associate, Level 2 will support the production of Line Replaceable Units (LRU) for high reliability electronic warfare applications in a low to medium volume, high mix product environment. Responsibilities to include;
• Support of new product development by working with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed, participate in concept, peer and design reviews and the manufacture of engineering prototypes to ensure designs are manufacturable and robust.
• Support new product introduction including process development and validation, assembly sequence, manufacturing documentation, tooling design and development using Pro/E and 3D printing, operator training, sustainment and continuous improvement.
• Participate in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities including identifying, initiating and leading lean improvement projects to improve efficiency, quality and/or safety and reduce cycle time and cost, create value stream maps, utilize lean tools and concepts to help transform the manufacturing environment and culture.
• Support bid and proposal activities as needed, develop time estimates for assembly and test steps, develop estimates for manufacturing engineering NRE and support, author manufacturing and producibility plans to support proposals and customer reviews, develop comprehensive and supportable Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new proposals and customer analysis.
• Provide support to assembly operators on technical issues as they arise, provide training to operators on new products or processes as needed, create, update and maintain manufacturing documentation as needed.
• Research, recommend and support the purchase of new manufacturing equipment, support installation, start-up, validation and maintenance of new equipment, program, troubleshoot, maintain and support manufacturing equipment as needed, participate in the capital acquisition process as needed.
• Support AS9100, DCMA and internal quality audits, Investigate and initiate corrective actions for problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Additional Duties and Skills:
• Technical knowledge of electronics and LRU/Box level fabrication.
• Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to present ideas and data to a group.
• Technical writing ability.
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD, Pro/E, Creo.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and methodology.
• Additive Manufacturing experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering disciplines.
• BS degree with 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or a MS degree with 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Active Secret Clearance required.
Posting ID: 602968789Posted: 2021-02-20