The Custodian performs assigned custodial tasks as it relates to that particular job location. This includes general cleaning (restroom, offices, cafeteria, sales floor, others as assigned), buffing, scrubbing, and ability to perform basic tasks of vacuum, sweeping, mopping and use of equipment such as scrubbers, extractors, and buffers.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE
• Performs all general required tasks as directed by Lead Custodian or Crew Lead Supervisor
• Uses floor machines for buffing, stripping, waxing, vacuuming and carpet cleaning safely, according to proper usage, and as agreed to schedule with store/customer
• Performs all tasks within proper safety guidelines, company guidelines, and as directed by management
• Follows all company policies and procedures regarding safety, customer service, proper attire, and working conditions such as hours and timekeeping
• Performs assignments according to company schedule and as expected by customer
• Wears uniform at required worksites
• Performs janitorial/custodial tasks based on defined scope of work and customer requests. These are performed to published schedules and within explained guidelines. These tasks often include the following:
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: REQUIRED & PREFERRED
• Basic knowledge of custodial duties and janitorial responsibilities
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and applying finishes on different flooring materials
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques and processes. Knowledge of the qualities and uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, stripping, and waxing compounds
• Experience in cleaning and sanitizing washrooms
• Able to demonstrate importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to appropriate Supervisor
• Ability to follow directions and work within guidelines
• Must be able to read, understand and follow units of measure on product labels.
• Satisfactory personal appearance and hygiene within company guidelines
• Demonstrated ability of maintaining janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
• Ability to maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner and according to company guidelines and all regulations
Prestige Maintenance USA provides scalable janitorial and facilities maintenance services using environmentally sustainable solutions. We’re based in Plano, Texas — just north of Dallas — and have more than 3,000 employees nationwide. We customize janitorial and facilities-maintenance programs for clients in many industries, including distribution, fitness, grocery, retail, and transportation.
We are proud to be a woman-owned business led by Rachel Sanchez, CEO, and Jason Dinverno, CXO, whose parents, Marie and Alex Dinverno, established the company in 1976. As a women’s business enterprise, certified by WBENC, we look to partner with suppliers, clients, and team members who share our values. Not only are we a diverse supplier, but we also have our own supplier diversity program where we actively engage in partnership with other diverse suppliers.
The solutions we provide are scalable — flexible enough to meet the needs of any size enterprise, from Fortune 500 and mid-market clients to small businesses.
As the facilities maintenance and janitorial industry changes, independently owned companies like PMUSA are becoming less common. This allows us to focus on what’s right for our customers, not for shareholders.
Our nimbleness enables us to deliver a greater depth of service and responsiveness as well as a large pool of talent, without the hassles often associated with the largest of companies. Yet our large employee base, history, and national footprint mean we have the resources to serve clients of all sizes, from national, multi-site retail chains to smaller, independently-owned businesses.