Responsible for planning and implementing a web service infrastructure to support Charter's next generation products. This position will assist Charter's transition to Internet delivered content, featured cloud based services, highly interactive HTML5, and native UI's across a variety of consumer electronics devices and set top boxes.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESActively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application.
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure in a .NET / C# environment.
- Design, implement, monitor, enhance and troubleshoot systems in assigned areas.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching
- Analyze, revise and document difficulties in existing system logic.
- Test and review system designs.
- Mentor and guide the work of technical staff.
- Develop RESTful APIs for use by various front end/UI using .NET technologies.
- Develop microservices
- Take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- Develop and implement software according to proposals.
- Estimate scope of work.
- Create project documentation and Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Implement software proposals.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Thorough understanding of software engineering and object oriented design principles
- Strong and current development experience in .NET and web technologies
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects
- Development Processes: Agile, Lean, SAFe, SCRUM, SDLC, TDD
- Server Side Languages: .NET/C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, MVC
- Server Side Technologies: IIS, Micro services, Syncfusion libraries
- Database Languages: TSQL, SQL
- Database Technologies: Data Mart, Data Warehouse, ETL, Functions, Stored Procedures, User Defined Types, Views
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
- Applications: BitBucket, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Jira, MS SQL Server, MS Visual Studio, MS Visio, Postman, SVN, Tableau, TFS
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and support
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.Related Work Experience
10 years of Software Engineering PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
Experience with AWS, micro services, and Netflix OSS toolsWORKING CONDITIONS
Posting ID: 581299790Posted: 2020-10-21