We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Approves time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Recommends to their direct leader disciplinary actions, dismissals, and promotions of employees in their area of responsibility.
• Identifies and notifies their direct leader of recurring issues, providing suggested process improvements.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of pricing process, strategy, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures within their area of responsibility, conducting internal audits where requested.
• Oversees the processing of invoices, cross charges, and other payments for the Buying department in accordance with company policy.
• Ensures team strategies are aligned with department strategies.
• Ensures that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived properly and ensures its disposal at the end of the archive period.
• Analyzes work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity through best practices without sacrificing effectiveness.
• Documents any performance concerns, as well as completes annual and goal reviews for direct reports, motivating behavior change when necessary.
• Provides daily direction, assistance, and communication to internal teams, agencies, and vendors.
• Provides support to their department, divisions, and stores; contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Pricing.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Or, relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success.
• Project management skills, including the achievement of desired results within scope, timeline, and budget; understanding of all project cycle phases - definition through completion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools.
• Ability to influence business decisions and provide fact-based recommendations.
• Exhibits exceptional organizational, time, and resource management skills to deliver on-time and accurate analysis; maximizes productivity and effectiveness.
• Gives attention to detail and handles multiple tasks in an efficient and professional manner.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Knowledge of the supervisor's role as the first-line manager of subordinates.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conduction meetings.
• Minimal travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.