At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Contract Manager Job Responsibilities:
Tracks and analyzes the contracts issued by UComm for maintenance and project activities where dollars have been allocated to UComm through either the Baseline financial budgets or LRP Project Budgets. UComm is a cross Exelon department, serving all of Exelon entities (Departments, Utilities, Generation Fleet and Commercial) across multiple states with the United States.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical expertise and operational support for the wireless Field Area Network technologies deployed for AMI and DA throughout Exelon Utilities. Skill must include thorough working knowledge of wireless networking, including routing and associated protocols which enable the individual to independently perform Field Area Network support and lead small networking initiatives.
- Lead and develop junior staff members. Supervise day-to-day work, provide meaningful coaching, and promote the Exelon values of a highly diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Utility business and our vendor partners to maintain the Field Area Network infrastructure.
- Identify and provide Business and IT metrics on network health. Actively participate in process improvement activities to increase standardization across utilities and improve operational effectiveness.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
- Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback, and recognition as required.
- Creates and maintains an inventory of maintenance contracts used to support UComm.
- Creates and maintains a list of vendors UComm uses to support field and data center activities.
- Develops a strategy to reduce the costs associated with these maintenance contracts. Developing a list of risks and opportunities associated with each contract in order to present approaches that help reduce our O&M Expenses for maintenance.
- Issues contract requisitions for maintenance contracts, tracks them through to contract issuance.
- Works closely with Exelon Supply to ensure on-time delivery of contracts
- Works closely with UComm line managers to ensure contract costs are at or (preferably) below budgeted level.
- Works with the UComm financial analyst to ensure budgets and forecasts are within expected departmental goals (+/- 10%)
- Tracks contract execution to ensure services are delivered in accordance with expectations outlined in contracts.
o Performance of services tracked
o Invoicing is tracked and in accordance with contracted terms
o Safety training and standards of contracted firms as required
- Develops Statements of Work (SOW) as required in order to process Request For Proposal (RFP) for UComm Baseline Budgeted items.
- Processes Single Source Justification (SSJ) Letters as needed, but with an attempt to minimize SSJs expect in rare situations.
- Keeps all records in an electronic filing system such as share point where all contracted information is kept and maintained.
- Ensures that UComm has accurate Service Level Agreements (SLA) with our support vendors and with our internal clients.
- Participates in the development of both the UComm Baseline Budget as well as the Exelon IT Long Range Planning-Project budgets.
Understands and follows all Exelon Contract policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and typically 5-8 years related experience in or equivalent of education and work experience in technical contract management.
- Appropriate technical skills in the areas of finance and budget management
- Knowledge of business practices and processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Experience working in an electric or gas utility environment
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster