Position Summary & Duties:
The Instrumentation Technician position is a direct-hire position working for a refinery client in Bradford, PA.
Instrumentation Technician Installation, Maintenance, Calibration & Repair:
• Assist in the installation, calibration, checking and maintenance of control instrumentation including electronic control systems. Converts pneumatic control systems to computerized control systems throughout the refinery.
• Instrumentation Technician assists in the installation, programming and performing of scheduled testing and maintenance of refinery environmental monitoring equipment and on-stream analytical equipment.
Instrumentation Technician Measurement, Sensors & Actuation:
• Assist in the installation, programming, and maintaining of digital and analog instrumentation, DCS, PLC, Hybrid process control systems, fiber optics, and related interfacing and I/O devices. Install, program and maintain all the truck and railcar loading and unloading systems. Including meters, temp compensation, control valves, dye injection.
• Instrumentation Technician assists in the installation, programming and perform rebuilds and calibration of flow, temperature, pressure and level transmitters and control valves.
Instrumentation Technician System Control & Troubleshooting
• Responds to operator trouble reports. Conducts on-site analysis including locating source of control, instrumentation or operating problems and applies solutions. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair control systems utilizing engineering P&IDs and loop diagrams, instrument logic diagrams, electrical schematics, electrical ladder logic diagrams, pneumatic logic prints and other sources of information.
Instrumentation Technician Automation Systems, Safety & Reliability:
• Maintains records of all maintenance requests and solutions performed, including use of materials. Maintains and updates electrical and instrumentation prints using AutoCad.
• Instrumentation Technician participates in Refinery Hazops, PSM and Environmental Management plans.
• Will be required to work closely with engineering and contractors on Refinery expansion and modernizations projects.
• Understand and operate under the ISO Documented Quality System.
Instrumentation Technician Qualification/Experience:
• Associate Degree in Instrumentation Technology or Electrical Technology or A.A.S. in Mechatronics Technology or eight to ten years of job related experience.
• Refinery maintenance and process operating experience preferred.
• Instrumentation Technician may be required to work overtime, holidays, weekends, scheduled time off and/or shift work as required to support plant operations.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license.
• Must possess aptitude/experience working with various plant instrumentation devices, electronics, PLCs and process control systems.
• Candidate must demonstrate manual dexterity to work with small parts involved in instrumentation.
• Instrumentation Technicians should be located within daily commuting distance of Bradford, PA.
Posting ID: 565720659Posted: 2020-08-04