Data Governance Manager
This is an exempt level position
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has embarked on a Digital transformation. As a part of this transformation, we know that data is at the center of everything that we do. ADM is seeking a leader to take us to the next level of our data journey. We are looking for a Data Governance Manager to evolve our Governance Strategy and to facilitate all organization-wide data governance activities. This position will have responsibility for improving data quality, managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets and leading our Data Governance Council. The position will focus on establishing, promoting and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, with our Process leaders in order to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Data & Analytics, the Data Governance Manager serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work to develop policies to improve the quality and value of core, global, data assets and respond to international regulatory protection requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote good data governance practices throughout ADM
- Coordinate with Security and Compliance on topics such as GDPR, Data Security, and Data Classification
- Own the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, and processes, and own the implementation of SAP Information Steward
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets
- Manager our enterprise data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Perform as a data governance expert in multiple data domains and provide thought leadership on data governance capabilities.
- Enable change management as part of data governance to ensure foundational components are kept up-to-date.
- Assist in impact analysis and ensure data lineage is accurately maintained and supported for key regulatory and strategic functions.
- Supervise activities of consultants
- Interview consulting and new hire Data Quality Analysts and Data Governance Analysts
- 4+ years in a Data Governance Role
- 5+ years' experience as a business analyst with a specialization in data warehousing or business intelligence
- 5+ years' experience with software development life cycles
- 3+ years as a Project Manager or Scrum Master with demonstrated success
- Ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Ability to juggle competing priorities without sacrificing relationships with peers
- Work occasional weekends and/or off hours during critical implementation phases
- Provide comprehensive weekly/monthly status reports to Stakeholders and the Sr. Director of Global Data & Analytics
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops with peers, data stewards, data owners and global process owners
- Effectively work with business and project team members across the globe whether face-to-face, web conference, telephone or email
- Create a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
- 4-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or another related degree of study
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Working knowledge of SAP Information Steward and/or
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Hands on functional design specification development
- Strong written communication skills including functional design documentation and training material development
- Strong collaboration skills working with Solution Design teams and developers
- Prior experience with several of the following: Customer Master, Supplier Master, Item Master, Location Master and/or Employee Master
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability. City
KY - Kentucky Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status. About ADM:
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.