Program Manager, Data Science
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Leads cross-functional teams to deliver new algorithms, help the life sciences business adopt new data science features, collaborate with data scientists, product managers, and subject matter experts to deliver high quality analytics that drive value to the organization, within the agreed-upon project metrics of schedule, resources, budget and scope.
What will you do?
- Acts as project champion to lead multiple projects that enable data science and analytic projects across the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
- Responsible for all day-to-day project management, applying best practices & standards of project management to deliver on commitments. This includes but is not limited to, project initiation, activity & resource planning, risk analysis & mitigation, execution, stakeholder management and project documentation.
- Acts as the Scrum Master for agile data science activities and manages scrum ceremonies to promote the algorithm development and deployment successes.
- Leads transformation projects for the LSG Data Science team to coordinate and drive multiple data science initiatives including algorithm development, business adoption, planning and prioritization.
- Provides clear and concise communication, both written & verbal, to all levels of the project team & stakeholders, adapting style to accommodate a diversity of audiences & situations.
- Impacts business performance and operational efficiency through the delivery of results, as well as continuous improvement of the process.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science or related degree
- 4 or more years of combined product development and project management experience
- 2 years working with data science or analytical teams
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Experience with CRISP-DM and data science processes preferred but not required
- Experience leading analytical projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Inquisitive and scrutinizes results
- A strongly pro-active, helpful, 'can-do' attitude
- Enjoys dealing with people. Able to build effective relationships, influence people, drive accountability and resolve conflict.
- Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines and expectations
- A strong desire to continuously develop and improve own and departmental performance.
Posting ID: 585827501Posted: 2020-11-23