Merakey is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals PRN to join our Merakey division in Escondido, CAPOSITION DETAILSResponsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The Direct Support Professional (DSP) interacts with and supports the individual in a variety of potential settings, including community, family or individual homes and generic community settings, as well as Adult Training Facilities (ATF).
- The DSP provides personal care, instruction, guidance, mentoring, companionship and support, often across a 24-hour period, according to the individual's Person-Centered Plan/Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- The DSP provides a level of care that enhances the health, safety, dignity and contentment of every consumer served. Interact with individuals in a home-like setting along with the guidelines of an approved treatment plan.
- Provide assistance and training to individuals in the areas of personal care, communication, and social skill development.
- Assists, teaches, and monitors daily living activities including (but not limited to) personal hygiene, bathing, shaving, grooming, medications, laundry and room care.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
- We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
- We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
- With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, California and Tennessee.
Please apply at: www.merakey.org/careersRequisition Number: 56436 Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a High School Diploma/G.E. D. minimum education.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience working with I/DD individuals in a group home, mental health or residential setting.
- Dual diagnose experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Required to complete an RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification within 3 months of hired date.
- Required to complete a DSP (Direct Support Professional) 1 or 2 certification, within 12 months of hired date.
- Pay rate is $20 per hour.
Posting ID: 574064449Posted: 2020-09-24