GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Trains and supports the drive-in crew members, carhops and skating carhops to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable, Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2. Trains, monitors and coaches crew members, carhops and skating carhops in performing all Basic Station functions.
3. Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
4. Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
5. Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
6. Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
7. Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time frame.
8. Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carriers.
9. Serves food to customers in an efficient manner in the Drive-Thru and as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
10. Moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
11. Routinely disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
12. Cleans all areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
13. Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
• Instructs crew members about the importance of placing guests' needs first.
• Immediately responds to guest requests in a respectful manner. Reports guest complaints to an immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
• Immediately reports all guest or employee accidents to a member of the drive-in management team.
• Monitors the drive-in working environment for potential employee issues and reports issues to a member of the management team.
• Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking. Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Effective communication skills
* Basic math and basic reading skills
* Ability to follow directions
* Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to multi-task
* Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations.
* Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-in training programs.
* Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
* General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required, QSR preferred but not required.
Posting ID: 73850623Posted: 2020-07-14