Intrepid USA - Our vision makes a difference:
We are a top 10 national home healthcare company with an overall 50 year history of excellence driving our future vision forward. We are putting a dent in the homecare universe through our commitment to providing affordable, personalized, patient and family centered medical home healthcare, home hospice, private duty homecare and independent living support services delivered in a concierge style, on-demand to create an exceptional patient experience. What makes our vision different:
- Culture driven by servant based leadership with an inverted organization chart. Our clinical teams are at the top and our CEO is at the bottom supporting our organization
- Our Care Centers are not franchises. We have a National Support Center helping our Care Center leaders manage and drive their local "family business" style of operations, clinical and patient experience
- Our teams manage their local Care Centers where they are embedded in the fabric of the communities they serve
- We are committed to caring for our patients just as if they were our family
Why working here is awesome:
- Industry leading online training system and modules for continuing education thru Intrepid University
- Clinician centric WellSky EHR to improve clinical documentation quality and patient care
- Competitive pay with healthcare, dental, vision, pharmacy, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account benefits with affordable premiums for Full-time team members
- 401K available to all team members
- Supportive time away through PTO time and company paid holidays for Full-time team members
- Mobile benefits access, 98.6 telemedicine access, health education library and health cost estimator for Full-time team members.
- Company paid Life Insurance up to $50K and AD&D insurance with the option of additional affordable voluntary life and AD&D available for Full-time team members.
- Short and long term disability insurance available at affordable rates for Full-time team members.
- Talent science that improves the quality of our talent acquisition, recruiting process and team members
As a Social Worker / MSW, you will assess emotional factors related to terminal illness for both patient and caregiver and the caregiver's ability to function adequately. Responsible for assessing special needs related to cultural diversity including communication, space, role of family members and special traditions.
Additional duties for this home care Social Worker role include, but are not limited to:
- Assesses emotional factors related to terminal illness for both patient and caregiver and the caregiver's ability to function adequately. Assesses special needs related to cultural diversity including communication, space, role of family members and special traditions.
- Assesses the patient/family psychosocial status, potential for risk of suicide and/or abuse or neglect. Identifies family dynamics and communication patterns. Assesses environmental resources and obstacles to maintaining safety
- Formulates individualized plan of care that incorporates analysis of assessment data; modifies and updates as needed at a minimum of every two weeks on assigned patients. Provides all care according to physician orders. Involves the patient/family in the plan of care.
- Provides social services including short-term individual counseling, crisis intervention, assistance in providing information and preparation of advance directives and funeral planning issues, and transfer of responsibilities regarding fiscal, legal and health care decisions.
- Educates patients and families related to social service issues, including long term placement, financial issues, and funeral planning.
- Identifies support systems available to reduce stress and facilitate coping with end-of-life care.
- Evaluates for long-term care when appropriate and assesses ability to accept change in level of care. Communicates psychosocial information to inpatient facility when level of care is changed.
- Attends or leads bereavement support groups, as requested. Assesses bereavement needs and completes bereavement risk assessment when requested. Participates in bereavement and grief counseling.
- Ensures compliance with federal/state regulations governing hospice care services by following policy and procedure consistent with agency standards, including the maintenance and confidentiality of patient records.
We are looking for Social Workers / MSWs who combine the knowledge, skills, and judgement necessary to perform all duties, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work independently. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this Social Worker / MSW role include:
- Graduate of an accredited social work program; master's degree required
- One (1) year of hospice care experience preferred; two (2) years experience in any clinical setting with a demonstrated ability to manage a group of patients
- Valid driver's license and auto liability per company policy
- Current LCSW, if required by state
- Current CPR Certification
Join Intrepid USA - and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!
Posting ID: 584669565Posted: 2020-12-31