Senior Data Scientist
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD)
Digital Technology, Advanced Analytics
Andover, MAAre you a self-driven problem solver and continuous learner with a passion for data, applied statistics, machine learning, programming and visualization? If so, you might be interested in the opportunity to join RMD's Digital Technology Advanced Analytics team as a Data Scientist.
RMD seeks an entrepreneurial analyst capable of working across functional areas with minimal supervision in order to support the application of data science / software engineering methods and techniques for production scale internal use and external research. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders and the Advanced Analytics team to develop analytic products for agile delivery. Products will span manufacturing, engineering, business development, supply chain, and quality control functions.
At RMD, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
This role will be based in Andover, MA. Please note that limited capped budget relocation support will be provided to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy. The amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of our process.
- Demonstrated experience meeting with business stakeholders to identify and develop requirements for strategic use cases and research and development opportunities
- Specific use and application of Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-image, and scikit-learn) to statistical and/or machine learning applications beyond academic examples
- Effectively communicate statistical/mathematical techniques to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Collaborate with data owners and technology teams to source data sets required for analyses
- Apply quantitative techniques (normalization, applied statistics) to cleanse and explore large, complex data sets in preparation for further analysis
- Apply data reduction, feature selection, and feature engineering techniques
- Develop and implement hypothesis tests
- Review, enhance, and quality assure operationalized algorithms and models
- Iterate on and/or create repeatable, reusable processes and scalable data products with the advanced analytics team
- Maintain contemporary expertise on new data science methods, technologies, industry trends and open source packages
- Eligibility to obtain a US Govt. Dept. of Defense Secret Clearance as necessary for future projects that require it. Except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Clearances.
Required Education (including Major):
- Proficiency with at least one deep learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano or Caffe
- It is important that candidates demonstrate the ability to articulate application of said skills to business results rather than purely academic endeavors.
- Familiarity with CNN architectures such as ResNet, Inception, XCeption, NASNet, VGG, UNet, Stacked Hourglass, MobileNet, pix2pix, and CycleGAN
- Experience with data visualization applications such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, SAP Lumira, etc.
- Ability and eagerness to learn, educate and mentor others
- Experience in diverse domains (manufacturing operations, supply chain, finance, engineering, information technology, business development, quality control)
- Experience with commercial software development processes: good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and version control
- Familiarity deploying machine learning models in public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Track record of GPU programming, network optimization and deployment for data science applications
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization and required US Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics or a quantitative degree in other social science or hard science fields
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 578287434Posted: 2020-10-08