Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsible for helping with the planning, development, and implementation of CVNL’s marketing and communication strategies and public relations activities (both external and internal) that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. This individual will help ensure proper technologies are implemented, up-to-date, and functioning to support marketing and communication goals to grow CVNL’s audience and base of clients, members, volunteers, and business leads.
The Assistant will also be expected to execute specific events across the entire North Bay Area. Key responsibilities include planning, timeline management, logistics, and day-of activities.
Serving the Bay Area for over 55 years, CVNL knows that passion alone isn’t enough when it comes to creating strong nonprofits. With a mission to advance nonprofits and volunteerism by strengthening leadership, encouraging innovation, and empowering individuals in our community, CVNL works with aspiring and established leaders every day to help them build the skills and connections that can take their impact to the next level. www.CVNL.org
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
· Create and publish resources to advance CVNL’s image as a go-to resource for nonprofit leaders
· Support social media marketing implementation, including creating posts, scheduling content, and pulling reports
· Support email marketing, including gathering and/or creating copy, building graphics, pulling lists, and capturing email performance metrics
· Support development of CVNL print communications and collateral including: brochures, flyers, mailers, postcards, print ads, branded materials/presentations, and event/service-specific materials
· As needed, update content on website
· Promotion and marketing for events, including content creation for social media, email campaigns, print ads, press releases, and website updates
· Support marketing team by pulling key reports from Google Analytics and monitoring Google ads
· Participate in community and organizational activities/events as an ambassador of CVNL
· With direction of Director of Marketing & Communications, collect impact stories from department heads; conduct and transcribe interviews as needed.
· Be available to capture photos and videos from events and training; use assets to create promotional materials and/or videos
· Manage all aspects of CVNL events, including program development, customer experience and satisfaction, vendor research and contract negotiation, and day-of facilitation and production
· Oversee the events budgeting process and manage revenue and expense expectations monthly
· Develop event timelines and logistics to ensure responsibilities are communicated to appropriate staff/volunteers and deadlines are met
· Identify personnel needs for each event and develop a strategy for recruiting, assigning, training, and managing staff/volunteers
· Ensure that all event volunteers are acknowledged in a timely manner
· Evaluate each event and report on what worked and any recommendations for future event
· Degree or course study and/or experience in Marketing and/or Communications
· Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of nonprofit sector
· Advanced knowledge of MS office software (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and some knowledge of database management, project management, and event management software
· Experience in planning, writing, editing, graphic design and production of newsletters, press releases, marketing literature, and other print publications
· Familiarity with Google products (Ads, Analytics) preferred
· Comfort with social media marketing
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong copywriting and editing ability
· Strong administrative, operational, and organizational skills are essential
· Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at the same time
· Experience coordinating and working collaboratively with individuals/teams to provide exemplary customer service
· Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
· Spanish speaking a plus
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated
· Effective in working with diverse cultural and social populations
· Maintain confidentiality of information and materials
Physical & Travel Requirements:
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events/special projects
· Able to travel throughout Marin and Bay Area
· Routine moving and lifting of materials and equipment
· In addition to basic computer deskwork, the employee is required to stand, walk, reach above shoulders, and climb or balance, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
· Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with differing abilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly) position with benefits. Opportunities to participate in professional development workshops and classes offered at CVNL.
To be considered as an applicant:
· Submit a cover letter and resume on https://cvnl.org/jobs/
· Incomplete assessments will not be considered.
· No phone calls, please
CVNL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications. The Agency policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. Submission of your application is not an offer of employment or an employment contract.