A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries Job Description HII-Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a Systems Architect/Engineer with significant expertise in the area of counter unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) efforts. The project this role will support is a rapid development and deployment effort to develop counter UAS (CUAS) technology for a critical US Department of Defense customer. We are looking for a multi-skilled systems architect and leader to join the team to assist in delivering critical AI/ML enabled solutions. A developer joining the project team will learn about the complex multi-disciplinary mission as well as engage with a highly-skilled engineering team delivering a cutting-edge solution to the end customer. Telecommuting is approved for this position. Essential Job Responsibilities * Provides direction to the team in the development of course of action (CoA) recommendations based on collected data and data fusion of sensor inputs for the CUAS mission
* Works closely with Government representatives to develop rules of engagement for UAS systems within the given airspace * Assists in the development of evaluation metrics to assess the effectiveness of AI/ML algorithms in the presentation of CoA options to the warfighter
* Participates in live field tests and data collection events to further enhance the AI/ML behavior
* Provides integration expertise to tie in disparate sensor systems and determine their effectiveness for the overall mission
* Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. Defines total systems design and technology maturity constraints in accordance with mission requirements. Develops system element architecture and design and interface definitions. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development. Minimum Qualifications * 20+ Years with Bachelors in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or 18+ Years with Masters or 15+ Year with Phd or JD or 9+ Years with MD or DVM or HS diploma + 25+ years of relevant experience.
* In-depth experience developing artificial intelligence and/or machine learning solutions OR in-depth experience developing CUAS solutions
* Experience leading technical engineering teams
* Experience delivering quality solutions with limited high-level or vague requirements
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain a SECRET clearance Preferred Requirements * Master's degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field
* Experience with remote sensing including RF, EO/IR, acoustics, LiDAR, etc.
* Experience developing geospatial data management applications and solutions
* Experience working with data conversion coordinate systems and The Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), and Geodetic coordinate systems
* Experience with NoSQL data management systems such as Redis
* TS/SCI preferred Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Posting ID: 602928356Posted: 2021-02-25