Monitors the maintenance crew during daily operations, inspects course conditions, and assists supervisors on course operations.
• Oversee the completion of work assignments and assist with field decisions regarding job procedures, work standards, and machinery use.
• Operate equipment in a safe responsible manner.
• Ensure a safe working environment and assist with training of proper use of equipment.
• Perform daily course maintenance including but not limited to mowing greens, tees, fairways and rough.
• Assist in the training of new employees and ongoing training of existing employees.
• Operate small equipment such as sod cutters, string trimmers, and hedge trimmers.
• Assist with special projects such as drainage, irrigation, and sod laying.
• Daily equipment maintenance including adding and/or checking fluid, oil, hydraulic oil, coolant, and tire pressure. Daily equipment cleaning. Responsible to report equipment problems to equipment mechanic.
• Must exercise leadership and team building through effective communication and building of relationships.
* High School or GED preferred.
* Previous golf course maintenance experience and leadership skills a plus
* Valid TN State Driver's License
* Use of small equipment or landscape equipment is a plus.
* Active listening skills and ability to articulate information both verbally and in writing.
* Normal speech, hearing, and vision, lifting of 50 pounds with assistance.
* Bending, twisting, reaching and long hours on lawn equipment, cart paths and turf.
* Able to work outside in occasional extreme temperature or weather conditions.
* Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; maintain composure when dealing with stressful situations.
Posting ID: 63423349Posted: 2020-02-19