MedTrans (Medline Industries)
Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery
is currently accepting applications for Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Tracy, CA. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver's license and minimum of 2 years of service and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience. Must also have driver supervision/routing experience.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery for our location in Tracy, CA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Compensation for the Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery
- Average annual salary $70,000 - $80,000/year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $24.00-$25.00/hour, based on experience
- $2K sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 6 months, $1K paid after 9 mos.
- Monthly safety bonus that can equate to an additional $1-$2/hour. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 8 hours per week. Typically work 45-50 hours per week.
Qualifications and Responsibilities of the Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Lead CDL A Local Truck Driver Route Delivery
- Minimum 2 years CDL A experience, preferably with local, multiple-stop, touch freight deliveries
- Provides leadership and supervision to route drivers; Must have lead driver and/or driver supervision experience
- Monitor work habits of all drivers so the Medline & MedTrans driver handbooks are being properly followed and drivers are caring for their vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. Report any and all inconsistencies directly to the Manager.
- Ability to train and assess new drivers or drivers needing evaluation and report finding to Manager or Director. (i.e. post accident ride-a-longs)
- Liaison between branch management, corporate office, and drivers for any customer or driver concerns.
- Responsible for all drivers daily inspection of vehicles, ensuring proper function of all safety related features of the vehicle at all times; Refueling as needed.
- Review driver s paperwork (DVIR, Logs, activity reports, etc.) and submit to corporate office.
- Creates routes; routes, reroutes, and dispatches drivers based on customer orders
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with home terminal/dispatch center/drivers to communicate customer information or delivery updates to maintain safe operations including proper communication when an incident occurs.
- Work with Safety and Compliance to properly maintain current and proper documentation and permits for fleet vehicles.
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and/or electronic routing programs
- Experience with Electronic on-boarding recorders (EOBR) and hours of service (HOS); preferably PeopleNet
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, email, internet, etc
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Cover routes for call outs, vacation, or business needs changes; approximately 4-7 times per month
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 6-10 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop;
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate, and 2 wheel hand cart
- No layovers; home every day
- Two schedules to choose from:
- Sunday-Thursday; start time 3am
- Tuesday-Saturday; start time 9pm
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 609366734Posted: 2021-02-27