Title: Catering & Community Relations Manager
Reports to: Brand Ambassador Director
Summary: Restaurant leader dedicated to increasing catering sales and driving positive community relations in his or her assigned restaurant.
Catering Sales & Marketing:
- Achieve catering sales goals for the assigned restaurant.
- Seek and procure catering opportunities through phone calls and visits to potential catering guests.
- Distribute marketing materials to potential catering guests to building catering awareness.
- Attend all local marketing special events in the assigned area; serve as the point person for those events to ensure flawless execution.
- Partner with the Field Marketing Manager in the area to ensure all national, regional and local programs are executed as described by the Marketing department.
- Seek and procure ongoing catering or base-business opportunities with businesses surrounding the assigned restaurant, specifically, car dealerships, retailers and schools.
- Identify local sales marketing tools needed to drive community good will and catering sales.
- Maintain and grow existing catering relationships (i.e., surprise and delight a guest at work with his or her favorite Boston Market menu item).
- Seek and procure fundraising program opportunities for assigned restaurant
- Follow up on all catering orders completed through the assigned restaurant to ensure satisfaction.
- Create and manages a database of catering guests.
- Manage all catering marketing assets for the restaurant.
- Ensure all catering equipment is clean and in good working order for deliveries.
- Foster relationships with community officials and business leaders in the areas around assigned restaurant.
- Participate on approved local boards and committees to build relationships with the community (e.g. Rotary Clubs, Chambers of Commerce, etc.). Present BMC related content to these groups as needed.
- Conduct table touches inside of assigned restaurant to drive guest satisfaction.
- Work peak periods and weekends as needed at the restaurant to drive guest satisfaction and identify additional catering sales.
- Serve has the brand ambassador for all marketing special events (e.g. fundraisers) at the assigned restaurant or at events in the community.
- Research community events and recommend events to sponsor and/or participate in to strengthen community relations and boost catering sales.
- Communicate all marketing events and needs to leadership team in a timely manner.
- Delivers an Emotional Connection for all guests’ events and community relations.
- Work effectively with all field team members.
- Self-starter, works independently with minimal supervision.
- Finish duties and projects as required and assigned in an efficient and timely manner.
- Solutions oriented, identify potential issues/gaps and provides solutions.
- Meet deadlines consistently.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Return all emails and voice mails within 24 hours.
- Deal with interruptions and successfully manages multiple tasks.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain behaviors and actions consistent with the company's values and standards.
- Continuously looks for ways to increase professional development.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Detailed & Observant
Professional Communication – written, in person, in public
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Planning & Project Management
Teamwork & Collaboration
Comfortable speaking & presenting to small and large groups
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team members’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to load and spit chicken, stock shelves, serve customers, and clean the restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is full-time position. Days of the week and hours vary per business needs; works additional hours as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1 year of experience supporting marketing or sales.
- 1 year of experience using social media platforms to engage the community and promote marketing activation and initiatives.
- 2 years of experience using various software and applications.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 year of experience in marketing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Posting ID: 576736928Posted: 2021-02-02