The Java Developer serves as a technical consultant to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Java Developer must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex applications development related tasks with little guidance from others. The Java Developer is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations.
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Develops elegant and simple solutions.
- Experience working on Business to Consumer Development.
- Provides support during meetings as required; prepares and takes dictation, minutes, agendas, notices and manages mailings of meeting agendas and supporting materials.
- Produces code of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs. In conjunction with Quality Services.
- Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Must have experience with Java, Apache, Tomcat, Spring MVC, Web Services, Unit Testing, etc.
- Creates Unit tests to ensure accuracy. Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- Provides accurate and timely input regarding status of technical tasks.
- Ensures project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
- Designs and develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
Required Experience & Skills
- 4-6 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms
- 4-6 years' experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility
- Experience with complex, enterprise web development
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, design and develop systems
- Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead requirements gathering, design and development of complex systems
- Knowledge of proper architectural disciplines
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong negotiation and/or influential skills
- Ability to influence others to ensure that issues which have been raised are resolved
- Excellent problem-solving skills - able to think through likely cause of problems before referring to others.
- Team focused approach for handling daily activities; Strong teammate.
- Experience with Intellij, RAD, & STS
- Experience with implementing a microservices architecture
- Knowledge / Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with Java 11
- Experience with Java 8, Apache, Tomcat, and Spring MVC
- Experience with RESTful Web Services, preferred
- Experience with Unit Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Groovy)
Posting ID: 588060635Posted: 2020-11-19