Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Empowered & Engaged:
- Determines method of shipment to ensure competitive rates and on time secure delivery of product
- Schedules & coordinates daily shipments with freightliners
- Prioritizes and sorts work orders to ensure efficient loading and unloading of product
- Compares identifying information of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders, or other records to ensure accuracy of shipment
- Prepares and maintains records of all shipments and transactions including billing of shipments. Enters and maintains data in Prelude
- Conducts daily cycle counts
- Receives incoming shipments and places in inventory. Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Operates forklift to move, convey, or hoist product from shipping and receiving platform to storage or delivery freight.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Assists with basic office operations; prints and affixes shipping labels
- Performs other related duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED; data entry experience; and Outlook email proficiency. Prior warehouse, shipping, and/or distribution experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Clearly and effectively communicate using email and telephone shipping related information to customers, vendors, and co-workers; effective communication skills
- Organize and prioritize work orders to meet shipping
- Audit work to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipping orders; attention to detail
- Identify potential delays and/or address immediate shipping delays and provide an effective and timely resolution and/or contingency plan; problem solving
- Work independently with limited supervision; self starter
Occasionally exerting up to 70 pounds of force; frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force; and constantly exerting 10 pounds of force to move objects. Frequent stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are required. Frequent talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are required.
- Vendor Management- Some Knowledge
- Picking and Filling Orders- Some Knowledge
- Organizational Skills- Intermediate
- MS Office Software- Intermediate
- Lift 50 lbs repeatedly- Some Knowledge
- Forklift Experience- Intermediate
- Computer skills- Intermediate
- Billing and Shipping- Intermediate
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Apply Online Below
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Posting ID: 600937573Posted: 2021-02-26