Ventech Solutions is searching for a Chief Architect to provide essential expertise to a mission critical program that assists the Defense Health Agency transformation of the MHS IT services with exciting and dynamic technology and process changes, enabling the DHA to modernize the way IT services are integrated, delivered, coordinated, and consumed by MTFs across the globe. This innovative, proactive, mission focused framework will support the DHA's continued advancement of the world's best ready medical force. Come be part of the challenge! PURPOSE of POSITION: The Chief Architect manages the program effort for the practice of Architecture Management in the program Environment, including the On-Going Program of Technology Planning. This role serves as the primary liaison to the customer. The Chief Architect provides direct management of the Systems Architect Team, ensuring that there are consistent technology solutions being developed that align with the business, infrastructure and security requirements. The Chief Architect conducts routine planning and design sessions with vendors, ADOs, customer, and internal consumers to determine needs and solutions that are comprehensive, cohesive, and effective. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Participate in the planning, architecture, and design of customer projects. Drives decisions when consensus is lacking.
* Develops and maintains the strategic IT plan to address future needs and plans for enterprise architecture, platforms, technologies, and tools required to sustain a high level of application performance.
* Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
* Manages employee performance, behavior and provides career development.
* Collaborates with cross functional executive-level peers; cultivates innovation allowing for new and better ways for the company to be successful ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor's Degree with experience in a technical field or management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* AWS Certified, VCP, RHCA, ITIL
* Previous managerial experience of advanced IT personnel (Architects, Sr. Engineers, etc.) required.
* Exceptional written and communication skills
* Experience with Security-related architecture and design.
* Experience creating logical and physical system designs with Visio.
* Worked in US government data center environment.
* Extensive AWS, Vware architectural, RedHat administration, Linux, Unix and Windows experience.
* Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies.
* Solid understanding of SDLC, Release Engineering, and Automated deployment processes.
* Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management tools and VM, Docker, container solutions.
* Experience with tiered architectures - e.g. presentation, application, data.
* Familiar with ITSM/ITIL management concept.
* Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds.
* Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies.
* Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management.
* Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
* Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
* Must be US Citizen and able to attain a Position of Trust ADPII security clearance. SCOPE of POSITION: Director/ Manager This position reports to Program Director. This position is responsible for establishing work unit goals and the execution of departmental plans. Provides leadership to and reviews the work of professional and supervisory level subordinates in order to accomplish operational plans and results. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to subordinates to meet service and budget targets. Contributes to the development of an operating plan and budget. Responsible for managing to a budget. Build teams by coaching and developing staff.
Posting ID: 602976791Posted: 2021-03-01