Job Description - Intellectual Property Corporate Counsel (20018375)
Intellectual Property Corporate Counsel
US Citizenship Required for this Position : Yes
Relocation Assistance : No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type : None
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 90,000 employees worldwide provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Our Office of the General Counsel is currently seeking a Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property (IP) who will be responsible for providing expert legal support to the Company's Mission Systems Sector.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
•Providing senior level expertise in IP law, with particular attention to government data rights and commercial licensing issues.
•Advising management on IP issues, including complex issues of significant financial and legal risk to the company.
•Performing independent research, analysis and business partner counseling on complex and/or strategically important issues.
•Managing preparation and prosecution of patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc.
•Advising on IP risks and IP aspects of contracts of all kinds.
•Developing and maintaining knowledge of the Sector's business and technology strategy, as well as continuously learning about current and historic technologies.
•Managing outside counsel; may supervise other attorneys and paralegals.
• A Juris Doctor and active state bar membership.
• 10 + years directly related experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
• Experience in protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, licensing of intellectual property, and counseling business partners in government contracting concerns. • Significant experience with FAR and DFAR intellectual property regulations, contract clauses, and complex issues relating to technical data and computer software.
• Active U.S. Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
• Registration to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field.
• Experience developing and managing global intellectual property portfolios.
• Experience with international intellectual property issues and transactions.
• Ability to work collaboratively and partner effectively with business leaders, technologists, and other members of the law department in a global enterprise.
• Desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, with the ability to motivate others through thought leadership.
• Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to balance multiple, competing priorities.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible scheduling options, plus generous paid time off.
Indeed named Northrop Grumman a top 15 company for work/life balance in 2019. We were rated #1 by Millennials on Indeed as the Best Company to work for in 2018.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO