**This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award**
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Bus Attitude Determination Control and Guidance Navigation Control Systems Engineer who has experience developing ADCS/GNC requirements, leading analyses in support architectural trades, and performing detailed design and design verification analysis.
Responsibilities include interfacing with contractors and mission partners, providing insight and oversight into development activities including design, manufacturing, test and troubleshooting, and launch. Close collaboration with other integrated product teams (electronics/hardware, space vehicle, ground systems/science, etc.) will be critical to ensure successful system design. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 10+ years engineering experience
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with the design and analysis of satellite attitude determination and control systems
- Experience performing mission design analysis in support of CONOPS development
- Experience developing detailed system and subsystem procurement specifications
- Experience managing system budgets (i.e propulsion budgets, pointing and geolocation budgets)
- Knowledge in propulsion system sizing
- Experience with attitude control system sizing, detailed design, and verification analysis
- Experience with Orbit determination and analysis
- Reliability modeling
- DoD Secret Clearance
- US Citizenship
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Experience with SEIT tools such as STK, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Experience with Requirement Management tools such as IBM Rational DOORs
- Experience developing an ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management.
- Experience implementing closed loop pointing, orbit raising, and station keeping algorithms
- Experience analyzing platform stability to ensure low jitter of line-of-sight instruments
- Experience with control laws for line-of-sight attitude determination, control, and stabilization
- Experience designing extended Kalman filter algorithms for vehicle attitude determination
- Experience developing or working with simulation environments to verify control loop performance
- Familiarity with mission operations and CONOPS
- Familiarity with Integration and Test of Space Hardware
- Knowledge of space radiation environment and orbital debris environment
- Knowledge of ground segment, antenna services, and data distribution
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline
- Master's degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline
** U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires a DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance day one of employment **
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 567467878Posted: 2020-08-11