TITLE & HOURLY RATE: Can Line Operator/Maintainer Assistant - $22.45 - $22.65RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Understand and adhere to Company guidelines as relates to plant operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Crown's Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Rules, Safety Training and practice all Safe Start Principles.
- Complete all applicable department/union training programs.
- Check loads of plate for possible problems before running them on slitter.
- Accurately filling out production reports from load tickets.
- Inspect body blanks being produced for quality, margins, surface scratches, squareness, color variation.
- Feed body blanks into welder.
- Feed ends into Double Seamers and check the quality of ends.
- Empty slitter straw tubs and keep work area clean.
- Assist maintainer to produce good quality and quantity.
- Use process control to maintain good quality of work and monitor quality of products produced.
Candidate will be required to pass a physical evaluation and complete a skills testing to verify capabilities.Miscellaneous:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to work safely.
- Basic skills in mechanical aptitude.
- Pass required eye test.
- Use hand or trade tools.
- Work with lubricants, compounds and chemicals (listing and MSDS will be provided upon request).
- Operate/Manipulate controls of complex machines involving high degree of coordination.
- Work from ladders, lifts, catwalks, etc. at floor level (4-10 ft.); occasionally at ceiling height (20ft +).
- Ability to stand, walk, climb, bend, twist, squat, reach above should level, push, pull and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Stand at workstation for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Responsible for providing own tools needed to perform the job. Tools list provided to each candidate and a copy of the maintainer assistance responsibilities are available upon request.
Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown's Aerosol Division helps global brands become leaders in their market segments with high quality metal aerosol packaging. We merge our unique decorating capabilities with the latest aerosol technologies to create packaging that not only meets rigorous industry requirements but most importantly, the everyday needs and expectations of consumers worldwide. Here is your chance to join the Crown Aerosol Division.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 591533219Posted: 2020-12-16