Be a part of One Team One Mission!
Would you like to be part of an organization that believes in being passionate about what you do?
Do you want the ability to be involved in the community you work in and spending time involved with numerous charitable organizations?
Join the CFCU family where we put our members and team members first.
Our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, and vision with a generous time-off package, matching 401 (k), and paid time off to do volunteer work.
A Day in the Life
From loan assignment, the Mortgage Loan Processor I is responsible for processing the loan, gathering documentation, communication to all parties, and obtaining the clear to close through the scheduling of the closing date.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The minimum requirement for any team member of our company is to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards and regulations. We also require, as a minimum standard, that all team members have the ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
1. Collect required documentation from a borrower or third-party to prepare it for underwriting by reviewing the file, reviewing conversation logs, and analyzing the file for missing documentation.
2. Act as a liaison between borrower, underwriter, sales, realtors, title companies, and all other parties involved in each transaction.
3. Analyze and evaluate documentation provided by borrowers, including ensuring that overall documents are accurate, complete, and compliant; calculating income; and reviewing financial statements, credit reports, applicable ratios, and other supporting documentation for acceptability.
4. Ensure that files meet investor guidelines, are complete, and comply with regulations and policies.
5. Schedule loan closings and communicate closing information to borrowers, Sales, and vendors.
6. Make recommendations for procedural and policy changes to increase efficiency.
7. Promptly reply to loan inquiries and according to company standards.
8. Respond to audit findings. Provide any necessary supporting documents.
9. Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in resolving post-closing issues when necessary.
2. Work with equity processing team when there is a simultaneous second mortgage.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 year of loan processing experience.
1. Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all internal & external members.
2. Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
3. Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
4. Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
6. Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
7. Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
8. Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
9. Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
10. Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
11. Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
This position works in-office and remotely. Work requires an appropriate work environment in the home. In-office working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and work space are all sufficient. Work requires the ability to constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and communicate.
Disclaimer/Intent and Function of Job Descriptions:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. Because the nature of positions and job functions can change over time, this job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all essential functions, duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job duties may be changed or modified in the Credit Union’s discretion. The Credit Union will keep team members updated on key functions, duties, and requirements of their position by communications from the Credit Union and by updating the job description from time to time. Any team member with questions about the nature of their job duties is encouraged to consult with his or her supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Community Financial Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or local laws.
Note: If you have issues applying, please try using the Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers on a computer.