Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part time, 24 hours per week, M-F, Variable Days and Hours
The Education Coordinator Nursing Unit provides education and orientation for staff on assigned area.
1. Provides education and orientation for staff on assigned area.
2. Supports the goals and objectives of the organization and the center of nursing professional practice.
3. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, staff, patients, families, and the community to assess and meet learning needs.
4. Plans and implements educational activities to meet identified learning needs, utilizing adult and child education principles.
5. Develops and utilizes appropriate evaluation systems to determine effectiveness of educational activities.
6. Promotes collaborative relationships among health care professionals.
7. Participates in committees, task forces, meetings and activities to assist in the development of staff, ultimately resulting in improved care and patient/family education.
8. Participates in activities that promote professional development and enhance the practice of nursing and education.
9. Facilitates compliance with unit, department, and organization mandatory educational requirements.
10. Facilitates review/development of associated policies/procedures.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in pediatric nursing is required.,
2. Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating education is required
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
4. Experience with simulation as a learning modality is preferred Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's degree in nursing is required., an emphasis in education preferred.
2. Certification: Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in the State of Ohio is required. Healthcare provider BLS certification is required. Relevant professional nursing certification is preferred.
3.Years of relevant experience: 2 years Surgery and/or PACU experience required, 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: