Overview Avalon Care Center in Federal Way, is seeking a dependable, organized and dedicated On Call Maintenance Assistant!Schedule: On Call - 10+ hours a week.
The Maintenance Assistant's primary responsibility is to assist the Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring the building, equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies.
Responsibilities Department Functions
- Make rounds, assess, and make minor repairs. Assist Maintenance Supervisor with large repairs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as assigned to include but not be limited to facility logs such as water temperature, call lights, generator and fire alarms.
- May assist in training of new associates. May be responsible for Maintenance Department in the absence of the supervisor.
- Ensure work schedules are followed and coordinate services with other departments. Advise supervisor of supply and/or repair needs.
- Comply with Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
EEO Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 550462941Posted: 2020-07-20