Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Medication Assistant is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure delivery of medications and health related items to the residents within the facility. The Medication Assistant assists in developing, coordinating and performing the tasks on the service plan according to the resident's preferences and abilities. Familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population is essential for this role. Previous experience with medication assistance preferred.
Westview Assisted Living is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Shift Details: NIGHT SHIFT 11pm-7am, 8 or 12 hr shifts
Salary $14.00 - $16.00 / hour
CMA, L1MA, Medication certification MO Required
Medication Assistant Job Responsibilities:
• Order, store and assist with medications according to facility policy and procedure and current physician orders.
• Maintain, transcribe and document in the Medication Assistance Record according to Policy and Procedure.
• May be asked to provide assistance to residents in Memory Care, Assisted Living, or both.
• Perform resident care with an awareness of dignity and individuality, with understanding and concern.
• Receive report from the previous shift Lead Medication Assistant.
• Read the Communication Log, 24 Hour Log, Shower Schedule and Service Plan log for information and changes at the beginning of each day. Document in the Communication Log and Progress notes, as appropriate throughout the day.
• Assist residents with activities of daily living, environmental orientation, vital signs, first aide, wound care (if delegated), and communication with outside health care professionals.
• Demonstrate knowledge of infection control and universal precautions.
• Document care given, adhering to facility policies and procedures.
• Maintain clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors including housekeeping duties as assigned. Assure medication room door is locked at all times.
• Report deficiencies/problems observed in resident apartments, clothing/linen and facility to Registered Nurse or Administrator.
• Complete Incident Report form as per protocol for any unusual occurrence.
• Observe and communicate any changes in resident physical or mental status to RN and/or Administrator.
• Be thoroughly familiar with fire, missing persons and other emergency procedures, follow facility policy and procedures detailed in fire and disaster plans.
• Avoid loss, breakage, and waste of supplies and equipment. Maintain a neat and orderly Medication Room.
• Maintain current resident record for each resident including but not limited to, obtaining current physician orders, clarifying orders, alert and monthly charting.
Medication Assistant Educational Requirements:
• Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent.
• Completes all state educational requirements for the position. Attendance at monthly in-services required for position. Receives and maintains First Aid certification, Heimlich maneuver training and Food Handlers Card (in states where applicable).
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
• Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement;
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
• Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.