Provides clerical and administrative assistance to service center personnel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Records details of business transactions in ledgers or on special forms, as instructed, transferring the entries from one business or accounting record to another as necessary.
* Makes calculations in totaling the accounts, determining discounts and computing extensions.
* May record daily details of business events in company computer system, including timely equipment status updates (STUDs) such as arrival and dispatch of tractors and trailers, and the loading, closing, and unloading of trailers.
* May monitor the movement of trailers in the company computer system to help the Service Center Managers plan for trailers arrival.
* May record or monitor activity on dock or yard, such as reconciliation of timecard system or weight and inspection system.
* Records, traces, and enters information on company computer system as directed.
* Makes inquiries from computer system.
* Operates other simple business machines.
* Files, copies or otherwise handles correspondence and other records as directed.
* Compiles and types statistical reports.
* Answers telephones and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate person.
* Performs miscellaneous errands or other duties as requested.
* Counts, weighs, and records number of units or other data regarding freight moved or handled.
* Assists in reconciliation and closing of trailers or containers.
* May record or monitor other activity on dock or in yard.
* Provides miscellaneous assistance to supervisors and other terminal personnel as required.
* May assist is special projects as requested.
* Must be available to work varied shift schedules, which may include weekend and evening shifts, as well as overtime hours. Dependable and consistent attendance required.
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Transportation or logistics education or experience preferred.
Position requires the candidate have the ability to:
* Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations
* Write routine reports and correspondence
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from company personnel, customers, and the general public
* Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
* Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
* Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
* Work with others
* Type (keyboard) 40 words per minute
* Position requires use of hands for writing, keyboarding and 10-key for extended periods
* Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Sit, stand or walk for extended periods
* Conduct telephone communication
* Must have current, valid driver's license
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee may work in various outsite weather conditions
* The noise level in the work enviroment is usually moderate
* Position is located in a non-smoking facility
Position is located in a non-smoking facility
Lynden Transport is an equal opportunity employer
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Successful candidate must pass pre-employment drug test
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Posting ID: 575225520Posted: 2020-09-28