General labor for paper recycling warehouse. No experience required.
First shift (7:00 am – 3:30 pm), Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime available, not mandatory.
Update Regarding COVID-19
We take the safety of our employees extremely seriously, and are following all recommended guidelines. Employees will have no interaction with the public, no interaction with other departments, and minimal interaction with other employees within each department. Our warehouse is closed to outside visitors, including truckers. Masks, gloves, and cleaning products are provided for all employees. Paid sick leave is available to all employees if you should fall ill. After 30 days of employment, you will also be eligible for paid family leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, should you be otherwise affected by the coronavirus.
- Load and unload paper rolls and cardboard cores in racking systems
- Sort and separate inbound material by product
- Using blades and other tools, strip paper from cardboard cores
- Inspect and grade according to quality standards
- Accurately record number of processed units
- Bundle or package material as needed
- Other general labor as required
- Forklift experience an asset, but not required - opportunities exist to train & certify
- Able to stand, bend, and lift repeatedly (able to lift 50 lb)
- Legible writing
- Works well as part of a team
- Steel-toes mandatory
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Valid driver's license preferred - must have reliable transportation
- Scheduled wage increases at 3 months and 6 months
- Paid public holidays and paid sick days after 90 days (sooner for COVID related leave)
- Paid vacation after one year
- Increasing sick days and vacation time with length of service
- Minimum annual increase guaranteed, plus performance reviews
- We train on the job and promote from within first - great opportunity to learn new skills like forklift certification, material handling, and shipping!
Posting ID: 566022278Posted: 2020-07-31