Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Greeter. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for enhancing and supporting the safety and security of customers and team members through friendly engagement while providing a positive and professional presence. Provides a deterrent to inappropriate behavior by frequently engaging all persons entering and exiting, as well as by responding to all EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms. Prioritize and escalates complaints and issues, quickly involving Store Leadership and/or Asset Protection as appropriate. Acts as a witness to apprehensions. Resolves safety concerns quickly and efficiently involving Store Leadership when necessary. Accurately documents merchandise recoveries attributable to, or in relation to the performance of their duties. Practices 200% Safety - Self and Others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains a continual presence at the assigned entry/exit within the store, providing friendly and efficient service to customers and team members as well as deterring inappropriate behavior.
- Responds, resolves and documents EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms.
- Alerts Store Detectives to suspicious persons and/or situations and may act as a witness during apprehension situations.
- Directs emergency response personnel to area of incident
- Ensures physical security of customer entry and exit access points.
- Resolves safety concerns and escalates to appropriate leadership personnel for resolution.
- Assist in mitigating customer complaints/concerns and engaging appropriate leadership personnel as necessary.
- Prevents/deters theft and fraud through physical presence and customer engagement
- May be required to testify in court if necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior asset protection experience preferred
- Basic understanding of behavioral safety strategies
- Ability to learn and understand fire and security systems, including EAS Systems
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and report writing
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Committed to reliable and consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Can demonstrate knowledge of product locations and possesses the ability to precisely direct customers based upon that knowledge.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
Posting ID: 581403682Posted: 2020-10-21