Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Director, Business Process Ownership for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Crosstown, Tampa Campus, Plano and Remote a possibility.
Oversees a team of business professionals that are responsible for the end to end aspects and overall ownership of assigned processes. Guides team members to collaborate with enterprise partners in the facilitation and development of business rules, gathering of requirements, artifacts and process management. Guides team members in the ownership of assigned processed to include, capturing, documenting and sustaining processes. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities. Responsible for leading a team that is focused on process ownership and improving business results by identifying process gaps and opportunities, recommending solutions and developing and monitoring key process performance indicators.
- Aligns with enterprise partners to define backlog and present the business case to compete for funding and ultimately ensure execution to output. Ensures the Business Process Consultant backlog is prioritized in accordance with business deliverables.
- Defines, develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, and engages stakeholders to ensure cohesive and continuous alignment to measures of success. Utilizes and oversees reporting, data, and analytics to measure process and project performance, adjust services and operational activities, and inform key stakeholders.
- Ensures risk mitigation is a top priority by diagnosing and quickly resolving risk opportunities. Influences business unit and business processes to address risk across all activities.
- Using prescribed project execution methodologies such as Agile, Six Sigma, Lean, and Waterfall, collaborates with process stakeholders to ensure timely execution of deliverables to improve or design-controlled processes.
- Manages identifies business process risks and oversees that appropriate controls are captured, documented, sustained and ultimately mitigated.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 or more years' experience (12 Total) with process improvement and design methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma and Lean, business operations, risk management, quality assurance and control, or internal audit beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years business process execution/knowledge/experience, consulting, and/or process engineering/optimization.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Experience leading and/or participating in programs/projects, business process owner/consultant efforts in a dynamic environment.
- Extensive experience in the application of process management methodologies, standards and policies within a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of operational risk management practices.
- Organizational agility; with demonstrated ability in developing partnerships across a complex business landscape, while utilizing/ implementing Lean and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experience gathering and assessing set of performance metrics to ensure both efficient and effective processes.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 years' Claims Experience (Personal Lines).
- Guidewire implementation experience.
- 2+ years of Strategy or Consulting experience within Property Claims.
- 2+ years of Experience Owner experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/02/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.