The Equipment Manager II will plan, organize and coordinate the maintenance of linehaul and city equipment for assigned multiple locations. Maintain a safe and reliable fleet of equipment while minimizing costs. Manage the daily operation of a mechanics shop for their assigned locations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize and coordinate maintenance of linehaul and city equipment for assigned locations.
- Ensure maintenance activities provide reliable, cost-effective, and driver acceptable equipment on a timely basis and schedule equipment maintenance in accordance with the operational needs.
- Maintain cost control of expenditures at assigned locations for the maintenance facility, commodity inventory, and equipment.
- Hire, train and develop employees within assigned areas to ensure ongoing and accurate communications between corporate and field facilities.
- Schedule work assignments and provide necessary resources for performance of duties.
- Maintain a safe working environment through safety awareness training and pro-active employee involvement.
- Manage area vendors through established processes to control cost and ensure adherence to company maintenance procedures.
- Manage fuel reporting and inventory per company and regulatory standards.
Qualifications :MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Earning Trust - Gaining others' confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Execution -Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics.
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years' experience supervising a mechanics shop.
- Mechanical background with a basic knowledge of equipment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related area.
- Five (5) years of experience managing a maintenance shop operation.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Occasional work in terminal and shop floors being exposed to the elements of heat and cold. Occasional exposure to heavy equipment and machinery, dirt, dust, and high-frequency noises. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 20 lbs of parts, supplies, and materials is required. YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Posting ID: 603608238Posted: 2021-02-03