Provides guest satisfaction by greeting and welcoming the guest in a courteous manner. Also expedites the order taking process accurately and quickly. Must have proven accuracy with monetary transactions. Assists in all departments as business dictates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests, make beverage and food suggestions.
- Takes and processes guest orders quickly and accurately
- Collect money and close out tickets accurately.
- Prepare all alcoholic (must be 18 or over) and non-alcoholic drinks according to recipe or brand specification.
- Assist in food preparation as needed.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- From time to time you may be directed to work on special projects and assist with other work necessary or important to the operations of the Company.
- Sizzler may alter or change your job duties, reassign or transfer job responsibilities or assign you additional responsibilities in other positions
CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Guest Service: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning and Organization: Able to prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently.
- Diversity & Ethics: Promotes a harassment-free environment; Treats everyone with respect; Works ethically and with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Complies with Grooming & Appearance requirements.
- Quality and Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; meets productivity standards and strives to improve productivity; completes work in a timely manner; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; Maintains a safe work environment; Uses equipment, materials and chemicals properly.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistent at work and on time; ensures work responsibility are covered when absent; attends all restaurant meetings.
- Dependability: Follows instructions; responds to management directions; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Food Safety and Sanitation: Will be certified in accordance with local jurisdiction requirements
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED or 1-3 Months related experience and/or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience is required.
- Current California Food Handlers Card.
Language / Mathematical Skills
- Ability to read and interpret financial and written information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and dispense change correctly
- Ability to speak and understand English both written and verbally.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently be able to lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to machinery with moving mechanical parts, sharp objects and open flames. The employee can sometimes be exposed to wet, humid, cold or hot conditions. The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 53337917Posted: 2020-07-14