As an Assistant Manager, you play a crucial role in the effectiveness of our team and the success of our restaurant. We are looking for hard working individuals who will share our passion for giving our guests remarkable service and hospitality. An individual in this role should be energized, willing to serve, and open to one’s own continuous improvement. This role requires the ability to manage people while also being hands on in various intense and hectic times.
In this role, it is expected of you to have knowledge of the restaurant and be able to apply it. We are looking for someone with great stewardship who will take on the restaurant as his or her own. An Assistant Manager should be able to see the “bigger picture” and work towards shaping the future of the restaurant.
Expectations of all Leaders:
- Be the example: Show up on time, in full uniform, and bring a positive attitude. Always act professional and follow procedure accordingly.
- Keep a “sense of urgency;” you should always do what is right for our guests and their experience with us
- You will be expected to embody the Chick-fil-A values and hold others accountable for the same expectations
- Be willing to learn a different approach towards leadership; be willing to serve your Guests, your Team, and your Community
- Always strive for excellence and continuous improvement
Responsibilities of an Assistant Manager:
- Hold the team of 100+ accountable to Chick-fil-A Standards
- Ensure operational effectiveness and adapt the business to increase sales and grow the brand
- Always provide the best customer service possible to our guests
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the team, while providing feedback when necessary
- Demonstrate good stewardship of the business and resources
- Run shifts by scheduling employee breaks, maintaining cleanliness, preparing for peak times, and supporting on the floor as needed
- Monitors food safety thoughout the restaurant
- Manage the store’s expenses on a day-to-day basis; Manage food cost through waste and portioning and manage labor cost on an hourly basis. Other costs to keep in consideration throughout each day include kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Engage and develop employees; participate in development meetings to assist in the employee’s personal and career growth
- Perform off-shift managerial tasks such as inventory, truck ordering, scheduling, guest recovery, invoicing, etc.
- Participate in Operational meetings on a regular basis
- 1-3+ years of prior management experience in a restaurant preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- ServSafe Certification is a plus
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to serve others
- Possesses an understanding and the ability to work in a very fast pace environment
- Values integrity; trustworthy and honesty
- Has a desire for continuous improvement and an openness to different leadership strategies
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
- 5 days a week, Monday through Saturday, no set day off
- Scheduled 40-50 hours a week, up to 10 hour work days
- Flexible scheduling, but typically requires a relatively open availability
- Medical benefits after 30 days; 100% contribution for Assistant Managers and up
- PTO Days available with tenure for Assistant Managers
- Monthly Bonus Pay Program after 90 days as Assistant Manager
- Sundays Off
Posting ID: 570376462Posted: 2020-08-27