The Human Resources Manager is expected to be a key business partner with our Regional Operations Manager and supervising staff in managing the California locations. Provides coaching, consulting, policy interpretation and application to include matters relating to the site’s employee relations. Promotes employee engagement, communication, reward and recognition and a variety of other activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing Human Resource services to managers and employees to ensure timely completion and regulatory compliance.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding Hogan practices, benefits, policies and information.
- Handles employee issues as they arise in a proactive manner.
- Determines new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
- Acts as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulation in California.
- Proactively investigates and resolves basic employee relations issues.
- Proactively plans and coordinates employee initiative to promote engagement at all levels.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of four years of human resource management experience preferred in the transportation industry in California.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS (AS400 and ADP)
Posting ID: 568031717Posted: 2020-11-03