Job Title: General Surgeon
Location: Forks, Washington
Department: Bogachiel Clinic/Surgery
Department Head: Administrator/CEO
Supervisor: Clinic Manager or Medical Director
Job Type: Full-Time / Permanant
The General Surgeon will be responsible for performing general surgical operations, outpatient ambulatory surgical procedures, and outpatient general surgery consultations for new and established patients. The general surgeon is expected to follow each patient through the full continuum of care to include:
Admissions, discharges, performing histories and physicals, assisting in the full coordination of diagnostic tests and procedures prior to surgery, education and counseling of the patient and family members. Ability to perform both upper and lower GI endoscopies is required. The general surgeon will adhere to policies and procedures regarding the completion of orders, operation reports, discharge summaries, progress notes, clinical reminders, and performance measures.
- Examine patient to obtain information on medical condition and surgical risk.
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
- Follow established surgical techniques during the operation.
- Follow protocols or regulations for healthcare activities.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients' functions.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Analyze patient data to determine patient needs or treatment goals.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient's operative area.
- Prescribe treatments or therapies.
- Prescribe medications.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents, and other medical staff
- Supervise patient care personnel.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Schedule patient procedures or appointments.
- Manage healthcare operations.
- Order medical supplies or equipment in collaboration with Surgery Supervisor.
- Sterilize medical equipment or instruments.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques that can improve operating procedures and outcomes.
- Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and it may be amended from time to time as management may deem necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Follows all Hospital District policies and Procedures.
- Attends mandatory Hospital District sponsored in-service and education programs, annually.
- Adheres to the Forks Community Hospital Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance program.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State of Washington.
- Knowledge and Abilities to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- The ability to Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions; to compute ratio, rate and percent; to draw and interpret bar graphs; to perform arithmetic operations involving all America monetary units.
- Ability to read literature, charts, medical records, prescriptions, scientific and technical journals and business correspondence.
Must Have Experience in:
- Endoscopy procedures
- Laparoscopy procedures
- General Office Procedures
- Holiday coverage required
Posting ID: 580704596Posted: 2020-10-18