This is the job description for BANQUET MANAGER
Job Title: Banquet Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: AGM/Director Food & Beverage
Supervises: Assistant Banquet Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To schedule banquets, parties, etc., ensuring all arrangements are made so as to provide the customer with a very high level of service and quality.
1. Determine amount of future business and work load requirements with information gathered from sales department.
2. Requisition required help and instruct work expectations for banquets.
3. Meet with function group leaders to determine last minute changes and discuss various set-up arrangements.
4. Ensure proper service to clients during the banquet.
5. Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after function is completed.
6. Supervise assigned banquet personnel: hiring, terminating, training and developing.
7. Schedule banquets, parties, etc.
8. Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the desired specifications set forth by the sales office.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
3. Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
4. Understand government regulations covering business operations.
5. Make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, and experience.
6. Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
7. Plan and organize the work of others.
8. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management required
Experience 2 years supervisory experience in banquet operations with 3 years hotel operations experience; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications None required
Posting ID: 70804177Posted: 2020-02-13