Principal Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer - Clearance Required
Job Locations US-VA-Fort Belvoir
Posted Date 3 days ago (7/31/2020 1:38 PM)
Job ID 2020-5338
# of Openings 1
Here at LMI we're not just a highly ambitious consulting and analytics company. We're a highly ambitious, consulting and analytics company with a soul. Our vision is to power a future-ready, customer centered government through digital analytics. This position is embedded within our Data Analytics practice. Leverage your curiosity and problem-solving skills to explore, discover, and predict patterns contained within data sets for a wide range of government clients. This includes the derivation of clear narratives that help our clients understand their data and how those insights address their research questions.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers' unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Manipulate common data formats, including comma-delimited, text files, and JSON.
- Transform data and analysis into informative visualizations and interactive dashboards using open-source and commercially available tools.
- Work with clients to prioritize research and modeling initiatives
- Derive insights and analytic narratives from data and visualizations for effective storytelling and clear communication in response to client research questions.
- Support the development of a mature analytics function informed by industry best practices
- Work in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented, and collaborative environment focused on client deliverables, analysis, and reporting.
- Degree (Bachelor's required, Master's preferred) in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, or other related business or technical discipline is required
- At least 20 years of experience in the field
- Experience with Agile and Scrum principles and how they apply to AI/ML solutions.
- Experience working with tools, including object-oriented programming (Python, Java), computational analysis tools (R, MATLAB), and associated data science libraries (scikit-learn)
- Significant experience in the AI/ML lifecycle, from ideation and solution concept development, to rapid prototyping and validation in operational environments, and importantly, in the sustainment of AI/ML solutions for CI/CD.
- Significant experience and knowledge of best practices in the practical application and execution of AI/ML in operational environments.
- Ability to frame and scale data problems to analyze, visualize, and find data solutions, and translate customer qualitative requirements into quantitative and technical approaches
- Experience creating meaningful data visualizations and interactive dashboards using platforms such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, RShiny, plotly, and d3.js to communicate findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL; preferred qualifications include linking analytic and data visualization products to database connections
- DoD experience is required
- DoD Secret clearance required
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Preferred experience in the following areas:
- Data science methods related to data architecture, data munging, data and feature engineering, and predictive analytics
- Knowledge of AI/ML SaaS platforms (e.g., DataRobot, H2O DriverlessAI)
- Unstructured text and natural language processing
- Computational tools such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, and MATLAB
- Anaconda, IBM Blue, and Oracle Big Data to analyze large data sets and develop automated analytics in making sense of data affecting DoD operations
- Developing machine learning, data mining, statistical network, natural language processing, text analytics, and graph-based algorithms to analyze massive data sets
- Supervising algorithm implementation in on-premise and cloud-based computing environments
- Developing software to generate reports and visualizations that summarize data sets and provide data-driven insights
- Developing and implementing statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics as well as to develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.