CACI is seeking a Sr. Logistics Management Specialist to support our program is various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
What You'll Get to Do:
Functional expert, responsible for utilizing a wide range of technical expertise and knowledge to plan, develop, implement, review, analyze, measure and improve maintenance concepts, policies and procedures. Integrates and coordinates other logistics functional areas such as supply, transportation, financial management, engineering, storage and the acquisition system into a cohesive and comprehensive logistics plans.
More About the Role:
- Performs and manages a broad range of Logistics Support functions to include planning, material handling, procurement and emergency purchases, and quality control services.
- Researches and determines sources of supply, stock numbers, costs, and reimbursable status of material. Prepares requisition documents and sends to applicable sources. Assigns document numbers and records the status and demand for material in the document register.
- Monitors the status of requisitions in the document register. Provides status to customers and maintains a register of cancelled requisitions. Conducts a monthly reconciliation of the document register and determines appropriate courses of action.
- Responsible for knowledge of customs tariffs and duties and coordination with foreign customs authorities to expedite movement of material through the customs process.
- Manages and provides logistics handling, status, and accountability of Lowest Replaceable Units (LRU), end items, supplies and spare parts. Submits reports detailing the quantity on hand, quantity required, last purchase/maintenance action and maintenance history for all mission equipment, and repaired item. Prepares Bill of Material (BOM) list for requisition/purchase authorization.
- Conducts market surveys on an as-required basis and provides written recommendations to the Government regarding those manufacturers/companies whose products best fulfill the Government's requirements.
- Manages and maintains the Logistics Management Information System (LMIS).
- Investigates and analyzes existing databases to determine adequacy for managing and providing asset visibility. Provides recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Performs quality control functions relative to Spare Parts Review Initiatives (SPRINT).
- Performs detailed reviews of procurement and technical data packages for possible elimination of excessive Government and Contractor specifications.
- Performs detailed logistics planning and analysis for lifecycle support.
- Attends and participates in logistics conferences, audits, design reviews, site surveys, and system and site assessments. Ability to provide recommendations and supporting documentation on actions required for lifecycle support.
- Investigates mission requirements and provides fielding and scheduling recommendations for systems and equipment upgrades. Determines provisioning levels for spares. Provides product improvements and system upgrades and recommends recommendations.
- Procures or leases operational emergency materials required for emergency repairs, installations and evaluations to sustain mission critical support equipment or restore mission and to full operational status. Provides monthly status reports documenting each action taken.
You'll Bring These Qualifications: Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Logistics Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university with 10 years of experience in military Logistics.
- Global Combat Support System- Army (GCSS-A) experience.
- Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) experience.
- Army Materiel Status System (AMSS) experience.
- Expertise with basic military logistics, supply and maintenance shop operations.
- Subject Matter Expert in Property Book or equivalent utilizing PBUSE or other online database.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize and execute against multiple priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and spreadsheets; excellent data entry skills.
- Analyzing and evaluating (on a quantitative and qualitative basis) support required to sustain operations at alternative locations.
- Developing life cycle cost analysis, estimates and alternatives.
- Researching operational requirements to develop logistics plans and stationing criteria.
- Integrating logistics planning initiatives into supportable programming documentation.
- Advance experience and skills operating MS-Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Developing plans to field and sustain equipment.
- Developing authorization documents to support new equipment fielding.
- Fluent in the English language includes the ability to read, write, and comprehend relevant documentation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding in customs, tariffs, and duties. Knowledgeable in customs control and capable of interfacing with foreign customs authorities to expedite movement of parts through the customs process, with minimal delays.
US Citizen. Final Top Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.