CFO Bayfront Health St. Petersburg-St. Petersburg, FL
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a level II trauma and tertiary care center. We are licensed as a 480-bed hospital and include a comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation unit conveniently located on campus. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg has over 550 affiliated physicians and serves as an academic medical center which offers graduate physician programs in family practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and a post-residency fellowship in sports medicine.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The responsibilities of the CFO include, but are not limited to:
- Overall financial operations of the acute-care facility including accounting, budgetary, audits, tax and other financial planning activities within the hospital organization; including management of respective department heads
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will supply support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contributing financial expertise in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
The CFO reports directly to hospital's Chief Executive Officer.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field with a minimum of 12 credit hours earned in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years financial/accounting progressive managerial experience in an acute care environment required
- Recent for-profit acute care hospital CFO experience highly preferred
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. If you are an applicant with a mental or physical disability who needs a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, contact the director of Human Resources at the facility to which you are seeking employment; Simply go to http://www.chs.net/serving-communities/locations/ to obtain the main telephone number of the facility and ask for Human Resources.
CHS and Community Health Systems are tradenames/trademarks of Community Health Systems Professional Services Corporation, which provides management services to affiliates of Community Health Systems, Inc. The terms "Community Health Systems," "CHS," the "Company," or the "organization" refer to Community Health Systems, Inc. and its affiliates including Community Health Systems Professional Services Corporation, unless otherwise stated or indicated by context. The term "facilities" refers to entities owned or operated by subsidiaries or affiliates of Community Health Systems, Inc. References herein to "employees" or to "our employees" or "we" refers to employees of affiliates of CHS Inc.
Posting ID: 566870021Posted: 2020-08-05