Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The technical SETA contractor will support, and work closely with an Integration System Engineer assigned to the customer's IT Transformation efforts. This senior systems engineer will provide dedicated technical support to the ISE in performing a wide variety of tasks requiring a strong systems engineering background and experience in a broad set of SE disciplines. The initial focus will be on business process analysis and requirements definition. The contractor should be able to perform and deliver quality outcomes in a multiple of the following process areas, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration and quality management. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Mission Leads and ISE to document mission needs
- Working with the Business Process Lead and Change Management Lead in conducting Business Process Analysis (BPA) and Change Assessments for all identified processes. In addition, assisting the Change Management lead with managing the process changes, including user training and communications.
- Comprehensive understanding of the OPM Federal Integrated Business Frameworks (FIBF); leading efforts to evaluate the OPM-FIBF service requirements to ensure they are complete and at the correct level of detail; and documenting agency-specific requirements as needed.
- Review mission HCM artifacts to develop a comprehensive understanding of the mission processes, products, interfaces, data requirements, challenges, policies, regulator/statutory requirements, as well as identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Analyzing and consolidating the BPA process flows and Suppliers, Inputs, Products, Outputs, and Customers (SIPOC) artifacts to ensure they capture the end to end process for HCM which is complete and accurate.
- Working with the Mission Leads and ISE to develop use cases for the acquisition of the HCM solution including an end to end use case
- Analyzing the results of COTS gap analysis and identifying and documenting the impacts to mission processes.
- Reviewing planning documentation and providing recommendations; in addition to providing status on project activities.
- Analyzing the CMS data strategy and developing a set of mission data validity rules to ensure the accuracy and completeness of ongoing operational data and data initially migrated to the new solution; in partnership with CMS, develop and implement a governance process that adjudicates unresolved customization or process change issues between mission and solution provider.
- Supporting user testing across all phases, to include analyzing integration testing results to ensure end-to-end business processes are effective, suitable and sustainable, developing use cases for user acceptance testing to ensure the solution meets the operational need, and analyzing operational testing results; in all cases, make recommendations based on the analysis done.
- Engaging in the requirements management process to ensure the traceability of mission requirements throughout the project life-cycle.
- Developing and implementing a risk management process that helps ensure risks are identified and controlled in order to reduce risk to tolerable levels.
- Providing recommendations to the Mission Leads so they can make actionable, defensible and traceable decisions
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration and quality management.
- Self-starter and independent, with high attention to detail. The successful candidate needs to be a "big picture" person who can see where and how each task fits into the overall concept and strategic objectives.
- Must be able to thrive on a high visibility effort in a highly dynamic team environment, working in potentially large group settings. Must be comfortable in actively participating and, as such, must have excellent communication skills and have demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).