Snider Fleet Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Mechanic. This is a permanent, direct hire position with all applicable benefits being offered. Snider Fleet Solutions is a successful, growing company and has grown to be one of the largest service providers to the transportation industry. This is an opportunity for a long-term career with a great company.
All mechanical technicians are eligible for a $3,500 retention
BONUS and are automatically enrolled!! In addition, technicians are eligible for a $700 monthly commission!!
Repairs and maintains both diesel, and gasoline powered class 5 through 8 Heavy trucks, by performing the following duties. Also repairs and maintains the following: dry van, flatbed, dry bulk tanker, liquid tanker, reefer, pole, spool, canvas side, auto carrier, specialty trailers, trailing equipment, and converter gear by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to competently read and understand job order process, to ensure corrective action and document all repair processes to company standards.
- Occasionally road tests heavy duty trucks, ensuring operational readiness.
- Diagnose heavy duty truck system components to include: electrical, emissions related to fault codes, etc.
- Responsible for repairing or replacing faulty parts, as indicated by testing or observation.
- Perform valve and injector overhead adjustments according to OEM procedures.
- Perform periodic maintenance on SCR, DOC, DPF, and DEF systems.
- Ability to examine truck componentry, insuring vehicle is in compliance with Federal annual inspection and brake system criteria guidelines.
- Lubricate moving parts and components to include: drive line, hinges, suspension and steering system.
- Ability to install the following parts: cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts.
- Ability to perform general and major repairs by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and aligning multiple structural parts.
- Ability to examine system parts looking for damage, excessive wear, loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on all types of trailers.
- Lubricates moving parts and performs air system and lighting system tests to include ABS system function while insuring the trailer meets OEM, Federal annual inspection, and brake system criteria guidelines and industry conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates various attachments, supports, reinforcement, gussets, etc. according to general designs, blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance, show up to work on time and in the correct uniform.
- Follow all safety rules, wear proper PPE and demonstrate safety conscious mindset.
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Must have three (3) years’ experience performing vehicle maintenance or a combination of trade school for heavy duty vehicle maintenance and experience.
- Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment and be insurable to drive by company standards.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Pre-employment drug test/background check.
- ASE Certifications
- Class A CDL preferred
- TIA Certification
- Federal Annual and Brake Inspector Certification
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
- Exposure to dust, diesel fumes, chemicals and moderate to high noise levels
- May be required to drive service truck to off-site locations and perform work
- Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and hot exhaust system parts
- Exposure to we or humid conditions
- Must regularly lift or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 100lbs
- Must regularly use hands and arms to feel, handle, reach
- Required to stand, lay on a creeper, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
Snider Fleet Solutions invests in our associates. We offer:
- Team work environment
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Excellent compensation
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and personal time
- Medical coverage, dental, vision and prescription
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Wellness program with incentives
- Confidential employee assistance program
- 401 K with company match
- Short-term disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance for every employee, with additional voluntary life insurance available for our employee, spouse, and children
Contact: **Please email me directly and provide the requested info below, this will speed up vetting process!!!**
- Updated Resume
- Position you are applying for?
- Locations you are willing to relocate to? Visit https://sniderfleet.com/locations/ to see all locations.
Alan Johnson - Talent Development Manager