For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and a One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
The Lead Cook will be responsible for supervising the preparation of meals and meal components to specs of the daily menu of the operation. This is a Monday-Friday work week. We are seeking a individual with a prior high volume food service (cooking) experience with a institutional or cafeteria experience being a plus.
Lead Cook Essential Functions:
- Follow safety, sanitation, and temperature controls
- Preparing meals according to daily customer menus following established recipes
- Ensure meals are ready for distribution according to scheduled daily route departures
- Assist with clean up of kitchen, pack area and other areas as directed
- Preparation of meats, sauces, casseroles, desserts, gravies
- Meat slicing
- Complete and maintain paperwork as required
- Participate in all required company training included but not limited to: HACCP, GMP requirement, ServSafe certification
- Provide support to pack and sanitation staff
- Other duties assigned by management
Lead Cook Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 Years Cooking experience (Institutional Preferred)
- Operate equipment: Meat Slicer, Steam Kettles, Convection Ovens, Warmers, Pallet Jack, etc.
- Able to follow written recipes and cooking/packaging instructions
- Able to Portion and Pack to Accurate Quantities/Counts
- Provide support to Pack and Sanitation staff
- Knowledge of food safety principles preferred
- Able to meet Employer's Attendance Standard
- High school diploma or GED graduate
Lead Cook Physical Demands:
Amount of Time:
- Under 1/3: Walk, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Taste or smell; 1/3 to 2/3: Talk or hear; Over 2/3: See, Stand
- Use hands to finger/handle/feel, Reach with hands and arms
- Weight Lifting/Exertion Under 1/3: Up to 50 lbs.
- Under 1/3: Wet or humid conditions (non-weather),
- Work near moving mechanical parts, Fumes or airborne particles
- Extreme cold (non-weather), Extreme heat (non-weather)
- Moderate Noise
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 558855477Posted: 2020-05-28