We are a local convenience store that is looking to fill a full time position in one of our Fort Wayne locations as a Store Manager. We are growing, we've added 3 stores in the last year and are looking to continue adding to that number, and to our community! With that being said we are seeking strong leaders to help us make those stores bloom into the best!
Here's a little bit about the position we are looking to fill:
POSITION TITLE: Store Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager / District Supervisor
SUPERVISION OF: Assistant Manager and Sales Associates
This position will be responsible for all store operations. The Store Manager will supervise employees while working with them to achieve goals in sales, customer service, loss prevention, store appearance and suggestive selling. The Store Manager is to promote and help enforce the policies and procedures of the company including our core values, keeping up store appearance, etc., by always leading by example. This position is also responsible for any and all duties of the Sales Associate Job Description.
- Staff your location to meet company service and appearance standards
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment and selection of employees. Train, coach, develop and, if necessary, terminate employees.
- Promote sales and marketing efforts.
- Order inventory, report inventory levels to the office for ordering and assist DSD vendors in ordering product for retail sale.
- Monitor inventory to ensure freshness, proper rotation and acceptable quality to provide customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the location meets interior and exterior appearance expectations.
- Report all maintenance to the appropriate department at the office for timely repair.
- Complete daily paperwork required to report daily sales and inventory, balance receipts to sales, inventory information for ordering, loss prevention requirements, payroll requirements and banking information.
- Follow and enforce all loss prevention policies.
- Operate the location within the business hours set by the Owner.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Evaluate performance of employees. Provide guidance and goals to correct substandard work.
- Give formal verbal or written correction and / or disciplinary action to employees.
- Ensure food service programs are being followed in accordance with Board of Health regulations.
- Work with District Supervisor and General Manager to suggest improvements in operations or new product ideas to corporate management.
- Assist in covering unexpected vacancies in shifts due to illness or disciplinary reasons.
- Ability to work holidays and weekends in compatibility with the needs of the company and the store.
- Ability to receive and promptly answer phone calls from employees and management after hours.
- Attend company approved training sessions.
- Handle on the spot emergencies such as theft, injury, customer complaints, out of fuel, mechanical failures, natural disaster, etc.
- Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed to all associates.
- Maintains and projects the company’s professional reputation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PREFERRED at least one year in fast customer service retail
- Basic math; literate
- Basic computer skills
- POS equipment
Skills / Abilities:
- Must have valid driver’s license and must be insured
- Must be bond-able
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication and public relations abilities
- Ability to assist and support others
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements:
- Finger dexterity: using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Repetitive motions: movements frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Physical strength/stamina: able to stand for long periods of time; able to lift 50 pounds.
- Speaking: especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Sight: able to see well enough to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions and to deal with problems involving multiple variables.
Posting ID: 562928365Posted: 2020-10-19