Overview "At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
Sally Beauty is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers. We have an exciting opportunity at our brand new state of the art facility opening soon! Conveniently located 5-10 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway in the Alliance Business Park on I-35W.
We are currently searching for a Shipping Lead to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for ensuring final processing of outbound merchandise; oversees palletizing, staging, loading and shipping to internal and external customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Directs personnel responsible for shipping, stacking and loading of pallets and parcels
- Utilizes inventory management system (AS400) daily to monitor closed shipments
- Audits documentation and accuracy of load manifest, placards and staging
- Confirms schedule of parcel and common carriers arriving or departing from facility
- Prepares labels and placards; prints packing list; copies or views Bill of Lading and manifest
- Shrink wraps and load trailers
- Experience with Manhattan WMoS (2010 or later) is preferred
- High school diploma preferred
- At least 6 months of experience in warehouse operations; prefer outbound or inbound experience
- Must pass general math proficiency test; computer experience preferred; ability to pass forklift certification training
- Attention to details, good attendance and time management
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, retail stores, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts, which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts, or machines; with irritant chemicals; etc. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress, which require a range of safety and other precautions.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, files, books, small parts; using a keyboard, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
The position requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as shipment or record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
The work requires considerable and strenuous physical exertion such as frequent climbing of tall ladders; lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds, crouching or crawling or strenuous physical exertion.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.