Vice President of Manufacturing - Fort Worth or San Antonio
Fort Worth, TX, US, 76140
Job ID: 208719
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers, and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
The Vice President of Manufacturing will focus on designing and implementing the strategic plan to optimize our manufacturing process. The role will provide leadership experience across multiple sites, a strong understanding of manufacturing operations and a wider knowledge that covers, safety, ISO standards, sustainability and other areas and influence change through a matrix structure.
- Partner with the President and the business leaders to determine efficiency goals and opportunities for equipment improvement, waste elimination, manufacturing efficiency and cost reduction across the Company
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency and develop a continuous improvement mindset/culture across the organization by leading plant level studies in cost management techniques for productivity enhancement and operational process improvement.
- Develop KPIs and manage major projects to drive improvement in process metrics to achieve company cost reduction goals. Provides project leadership, mentor Plant Managers and team members, and provides executive leadership.
- Lead the CAPEX allocation strategy and process across the enterprise.
- Devise and implement measurement tool for monitoring performance with respect to the business plan
- Ensure optimization of available resources through capacity planning and continuous improvement to maximize productivity
- Develop automation roadmap and prioritization based on biggest impacts in the region in the shortest time.
- Coordinate and communicate regional Advanced Manufacturing Engineering activities into the global organization for global best practice sharing.
- Drive best in class manufacturing capabilities which will focus on gaining efficiencies through optimizing product production at multiple plants, optimizing process flow, automation, overhead absorption, continuous improvement and instilling best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Management, Business, Engineering or an equivalent field of study. MBA and/or PE Preferred
- 15+ years' prior experience successfully managing a variety of departments including some combination of engineering, OE, CAPEX, Procurement, Project Management, Quality, Safety, Logistics/Supply Chain and Maintenance
- Experience leading continuous improvement in a large decentralized, multi-site manufacturing organization
- Prior experience in capital expenditure management, capital approval processes, and installations
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven presentation skills and ability to interact successfully with multiple levels of the organization
- Completion of lean manufacturing training and certification programs is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically (50% minimum) and occasional international travel.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas