Glen-Gery, one of the nation’s leading brick manufacturers, is currently hiring for an organized and detail oriented Plant Administrator. This person will be responsible for supporting the production, financial, safety and maintenance departments pertaining to their respective administrative functions.
About the Company:
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding $2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates ten brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada
This plant administrator position is responsible for the smooth operation of the plants’ administration and OSHA processes. They will report to the plant manager and support the production, financial, safety and maintenance departments in managing the plants administration function. The role will guide and complete related administrative duties to a high standard (efficient, timely and accurate) and work to meet the business objectives in accordance with company policies, procedures and managerial direction.
- Data entry, Document control and Record Keeping
- OSHA system compliance
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain working relationships with managers and supervisors across the site
- Generate and update reports where required
- Effective and on-time management of manufacturing process data
- Efficient record keeping relating to stock-takes and other processes
- Review/correct raw material variance reports
- Effectively manage stock requirements including the purchasing and delivery of inventory
- Review and support the site purchasing process to ensure it complies with business guidelines
- Administer stock management process ensuring the “write off write down policy” is followed
- Process weekly payroll
- Administer new employees including pre-employment medicals, system setup, induction etc.
- Maintain site skills matrix
- Perform the roll out and creation of training material
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and training of work instructions, JSA, audits, etc.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated/self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships with various levels of an organization
Key Skills and Experience Required
- 5 years’ experience within an Administration or related role
- Previous payroll processing experience
- Previous experience with ERP Systems ideally JD Edwards
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The ability to work in a safe and respectful manner
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and as such, the employee will also be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel as required.
Glen-Gery offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401(k) plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Glen-Gery is the superior choice among architects, builders and homeowners who require high quality building products that meet both innovative design challenges and demanding construction specifications. Glen-Gery is an industry leader for it's diversified product line of more than 600 brick products, which are available in a wide-array of sizes and textures. These products include extruded brick, molded brick, glazed brick, klaycoat brick, handmade brick, thin brick and paving brick.
In addition to brick, Glen-Gery is also known for its superior line of manufactured stone veneer, Landmark Stone. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is available in eight different profiles including stackstone, fieldstone, ledgestone, fieldledge, glen ridge, limestone, cut cobble and ashler. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is manufactured with the same attention to detail and craftsmanship that have defined all Glen-Gery products for over a century.
Glen-Gery's other brands include Glen-Gery Thin Tech, Glen-Gery Natural Stone, Glen-Gery Color Mortar and Glen-Gery Pre-blended Mortar. The addition of these complimentary brands has kept Glen-Gery a leader in the building products industry.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation's largest brick manufacturers and operates 10 brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.