Primary Purpose of Position:
As one of the most important positions in our restaurants, the Cashier/Bus/Host is the main provider of first and last impressions. Their main purpose is to cheerfully greet guests, provide prompt, courteous, friendly seating at the start of the visit and then provide the same pleasant courteous experience at the conclusion of their visit at the checkout register. When not attending to guests, maintains the cleanliness of the dining room, lobby, and set-up of tables for incoming guests.
- Always greets every guest with a smile, offers a sincere welcome acknowledging new and returning guests as appropriate, and ensures they know their choice to come to Frisch's is appreciated.
- Seats the guest promptly in a section that offers the best opportunity for quick attentive service.
- Assists in marketing, promotional services and situational selling, such as communicating new promotions, products or marketing information to guests.
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning tables and setting condiments.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean and replacing damaged ones as necessary.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adherence to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains table settings by removing courses as completed, refilling water glasses and being alert to patron spills or other special needs. "Outs" dining area in the evening by cleaning chairs, tables, highchairs, sweeping and/or vacuuming floors and removing trash.
- Answers phone and takes carry-out orders.
- Keeps cash stand nice and appealing.
- Processes customer payments by cash, debit, gift and credit card accurately and efficiently. Inquires about the guest experience.
- Handles guest comments and concerns with tact and professionalism to guest satisfaction and involves management as necessary, if a complaint is mentioned.
- Perform restroom checks, answer phones, maintain lobby area clean of debris and keeps the general work area stocked and cleaned.
- Clears, sanitizes and sets tables as needed.
- Regularly, assists servers with beverage refills, clearing of dishes, cleaning menus and rolling silverware.
- As time permits, additionally assists the Drive-Thru Attendant with packaging carryout orders or cashiering.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to identify and resolve issues that may arise quickly, and know when to obtain additional assistance from management
- Must be a 'team player' with ability to multi-task
- Must have ability to operate a cash register, accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions
- Preferred experience with restaurant POS software
Physical Demands & Work Environmen
- Interior of restaurant typically on carpeted and/or tile floors with changing surfaces (spills, grease, and debris)
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend stand, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, push, pull and occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Must be able to move freely throughout the restaurant at a quick pace, without assistance
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Must have mobility of hands, fingers, wrists and elbows
Posting ID: 558053975Posted: 2020-12-08